Benton Papaya D-Sun Cream

Benton Papaya D-Sun Cream
 

 
I was lucky enough to be chosen by Benton to try out their newest product - the Papaya D-Sun Cream SPF38.
 
This is Benton's first ever sun cream made of physical and chemical sunscreen agents.
I was quite excited to see the inclusion of Papaya and this product contains three papaya-based ingredients. The first listed ingredient is Carica Papaya Fruit Water (55%) which is rich in vitamins and contains polyphenols, minerals and papain to keep skin healthy and beautiful. It also contains Carica Papaya Seed oil which helps skin retain moisture and to make it supple and smooth. Papain is effective in pore care, controlling sebum and dead skin cells.
Other notable ingredients are niacinamide and adenosine, both brighten and smooth the complexion.
 
Full ingredient list:

Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Water(55%), Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate, 

Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide,
 Glyceryl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil,  
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Panthenol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil(5000ppm), Glyceryl Caprylate, Stearic Acid,
 Water, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract(750ppm), Tocopherol,
Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate,Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Papain(100ppm), Propanediol,
Adenosine, Sodium Gluconate, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate, Algin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Bud Extract, Glucose,
Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Oil
 
Packaging:

 
A lightweight plastic squeezy plastic tube (50g) with a silver lid which is great for standing up on your shelf. Small and light enough to carry around with you and good for travel.

Scent and Texture:

 
The fruity scent is just gorgeous but doesn't linger after initial application.
The texture is what you'd expect for a facial sun cream but is actually heavier and creamier than the usual facial sun cream I have been wearing (Biore Watery Aqua UV Gel SPF 50).
 
 
 
You can't really tell from the photo just how much of a glow/shine the product left after being rubbed in. You can definitely feel the product on your skin, although it's not tacky, just heavier than I'd usually wear. 
 
Application:
You don't want to skimp on your sun protection but as this is quite a heavy product you do need to play around with the application. Most importantly for me, it didn't leave a white cast (although I would imagine if you had darker skin there would be white cast). My skin did look very bright and glowing - but the glow was verging on looking like shine!
For the first couple of days of wearing I had to play around with what foundation I wore over the top of the sun cream. I went in with my Model's Own reasonably full coverage foundation on the first day but after a couple of hours I felt very slick and oily and had to blot. After I blotted, it sorted the slick out and surprisingly, later in the day, my foundation still looked quite good and set in place. I certainly didn't need to wear any primer as the sun cream worked as a good base initially.
The next day I opted to use my Missha BB cream which helped somewhat with the slick feeling, but I did go in over the top with my Innisfree No Sebum powder. It still felt somewhat heavy on my face though.
I feel that by the third day I cracked it - using my Scinic All-in-one Aqua Ampoule rather than moisturiser. This moisturised and hydrated my face enough and made the product feel less heavy.
 
Thoughts:
Although Benton recommends this sun cream for all skin types, I would personally recommend it for dry rather than oily skin types. It definitely took me longer than usual to work other products around it and I would prefer that this didn't have to be so much of a consideration. A definite bonus was that it didn't leave a white cast.
But perhaps most importantly, it was severely tested as sun protection yesterday after I spent a few hours in the blazing sun undertaking some quite hefty manual labour. I didn't have the chance to re-apply while I was out and I was sooo sweaty so was quite worried that when I got home and cleaned myself up that my face might be burned and sore. But nothing - it had been really protected by the sun cream, even though it felt like I had sweated it all off. I would usually opt for 50 SPF on my face, but this protected me very well, even under less-than-normal gruelling conditions!
 
* I received this product from Benton in return for an honest review.
 
Where to buy:
Style Korean - $18.69
eBay - Koreacosmetic - £23.29 (Free p+p)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review