Models Own Mini Haul

Models Own Make-up Mini Haul

 
 
We were recently in Leeds on a business/leisure trip when I came across a Model's Own store. I wasn't aware that Model's Own even had a make-up range, although I do own (and love) their nail varnish.
 
In store they had an amazing deal where nearly all products were buy 5 for £20.
It didn't take me long to start adding items into my basket and it wasn't at all hard to quickly choose five items - in fact, it was pretty hard to actually whittle it down to just five - the product range is actually really impressive and very alluring!
 
 
The first item to catch my eye was the MyShadow Quad in Mediterranean Haze (RRP  £8.99).
Using the top left pale matte colour as a base and then using a dome shadow brush with the pale, slightly shimmery blue; followed by the bottom right slightly shimmery dark brown over the lids and finally smudging the shimmery azure blue on the top right in the centre of my eyelids gave me a really lovely summery eye shadow look.
The shadows are a good consistency and very buildable - there was some fall-out so I had to remember to knock the excess powder off my brushes. Great pigment and long-lasting wear.
 
 
There was no way I was going to be able to leave behind this stunning Holochrome lip gloss in the shade Moonlight (RRP £6.99).
For a start, just look at that packaging with the green and purple almost-chrome feel lid! This is a stunning shimmering lip gloss with a reasonably subtle (if subtle is a word that can be used with anything holographic!) moonlight glow. It's perfect for me as it isn't too crazily shimmery or 'out there'. It's not going to last for hours on your lips but it did have quite good staying power.
 
Next I hovered around the very impressive and extensive nail varnish range, which, in the shop, run from lightest to darkest. I do already own several Model's Own nail varnishes so can attest to their quality and colour range. I was really drawn to the Celestial Collection but they weren't in the deal so I walked on by (even though they are only £4.99 each).
 
 
There was a pretty good range of foundations too. From the Runway Matte full coverage foundation, to the Runway foundation with 30 spf; the Backstage cream to powder foundation and all sorts of primers, concealers and correctors. I asked the assistant to match me up for some foundation and between us we decided to go for the Runway foundation with spf in the shade Natural Ivory (RRP £9.99).
I've been wearing this all of today. It's got pretty good coverage. The shade selected was perfect. It applies easily and is buildable. I did feel that it sunk into the pores on my nose and so was a bit too obvious there and it also looked a bit too heavy on my chin. But to be fair, this was my first wear of it and my skin had been a bit hydrated after spending three nights in a hotel with constant air-conditioning which did make for dry skin in the past few days. I'm happy to keep trying this out as generally I like everything about this foundation.
 
 
This Sculpt & Glow liquid highlighter in Rose Gold (RRP £7.99) swatched nicely in store but once home I'm having my usual problem of figuring out how best to use and wear this highlighter. It's quite subtle on it's own, but maybe during the summer months it will be best to mix with foundation for a nice summery all-over the face glow.
Rather irritating is that so far, every time I open it, the entire lid and pump comes off - so I have to keep remembering to just gently twist and open to get to the pump dispenser.
 
 
And finally I chose a Rock 'n' Rosy matte powder blusher in the shade Warm Almond (RRP £4.99).
I'm really loving this warm dusky rosy colour. It's lovely and silky and goes on beautifully. I love how the sturdy little compact has it's own mirror. I think this might become my new favourite blusher.
So, all of this lot (plus the free make-up wipes) for just £20 - I think the actual cost came to just under £39.00).
 
When I got home and was lovingly handling all my new make-up, I started thinking about all the others I'd seen and would love to have bought. So I went online to see if I could buy some more items for just £20. Sadly, this seems to be an in-store only offer and they only have three physical stores in the UK - one in Leeds and two in London. So, if you're anywhere near a Model's Own store you absolutely MUST get down to one asap for this amazing deal.
You can buy online at Model's Own, also in some Superdrug stores and online at ASOS.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review