White Rabbit Comfort Cleansing Balm

White Rabbit Comfort Cleansing Balm Review

Source

 

The Brand

White Rabbit Skincare are a natural beauty brand, based in Scotland, with hand made skincare made in small batches for freshness and quality. All of their products are vegan and contain natural botanic ingredients. They sell a relatively small range of products, most of which can be bought in sample or full sizes - which is great as you can test before you fully commit to repurchasing a larger size. Also, for every packaging you send back you get 50p of your next order.

The Product

White Rabbit Comfort Cleansing Balm is a balm-style cleanser in a tin (full size comes with a cleansing cloth) which promises that it "effectively cleanses whilst comforting the skin with the most gentle ingredients and soothing natural fragrances."
Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europa - Tocopherol (Olive Wax), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil

The Application

The balm comes in a very cute tin packaging with a screw top lid, which is easy to open. It has a lovely not-too-strong herbal scent - I can definitely smell the lavender. But the scent is not too overpowering.
The texture is a slightly-gritty textured oily balm. I started using this product when it was still quite unseasonably cold here in the UK so I initially felt that it's not as instantly melting as other balms and I felt I needed a bit more product than recommended (a 10p size glob) to cover my entire face. The more I rubbed, the more it seemed to sink in - is that suggesting that my skin was soaking this up or just that it didn't fully break down into a workable oil? However, a few weeks later when the weather (and my bathroom!) had warmed up significantly and the balm did a much better job at turning into a more workable oil on my skin.
I did use it on my eye make up, but it did feel that I was dragging my skin too hard over my eyelids which automatically set the suggestion in my mind that I would need to go over my eyes afterwards with Micellar water.
 

The Removal

I used a flannel with warm water to remove the balm and I could still feel an oily barrier on my skin.
This product definitely has to be the first step in a double-cleanse routine (triple-cleanse if you count the Micellar water for the eye make up too).
My second step of the double-cleanse was my Holika Holika aloe facial foam wash and quite frankly, I needed a lot of foam to remove the oiliness left behind by the cleansing balm.
I absolutely needed to take off my eye make up with micellar water because the product just wasn't oily enough to really make a dent in the removal of my mascara. Plus, I really had to rub it in and scrub it off - which is obviously something I don't like to do on the delicate eye area.
 

The Aftermath

After my initial use of this product my skin did feel extremely soft. The next morning I woke up and was very happy to see that most of my itchy bumps had disappeared or dramatically reduced. I can't tell which part of the previous night's skincare routine helped to solve the itchy issues, but as this cleansing balm was one of the products, I'm going to give it credit for playing its part in the battle!
I did not use this exclusively over the past few weeks as I am trying out another balm and a facial cleansing oil, but it has been the most-used first cleanser in my routine. Now I'm nearing the end of the tin (Just to note - this was the smaller sized tin and not the full-sized product) and I'm actually starting to feel a little sad that the product is nearly empty. It's definitely on my 'might repurchase' list, but there are more first-step cleansers that I would like to try out first before I make a decision whether or not to keep this in my routine.
However, I was impressed enough with the brand to order a few more of their smaller sized products, I'm as impressed with the brand's ethos as much as their products, so I'd like for them to stick around in my routine!

Ratings - the 3Ps
Packaging: 4/5
Performance: 3/5
Price: 4/5

Overall Score: 3.5/5
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review