Unboxing ~ Love Me Beauty Subscription Box ~ May 2017



Love Me Beauty - Beauty Subscription Box - May 2017

 
 
 
The Shine Bright edit
 
Love Me Beauty is another of the monthly beauty subscription boxes where you get to choose the items you would like from a monthly selection edit. This month's theme being 'shine bright'.
 
There are three subscription options:
The monthly subscription option, which is on a rolling payment schedule and can be cancelled at any time costs £10 per month plus £3.95 for P+P.
 
If you pay for 3 months subscription at a time, it will cost you £9.00 per month plus £3.95 for P+P.
 
And if you pay for 6 months at a time, it will cost you £8.00 per month plus £3.95 for P+P.
 
Instead of choosing a set number of products, Love Me Beauty gives you 60 credits to spend. The items you pick cost different amounts of credits depending on what you choose - items can range from 10 to 25 credits.
 
You are offered the option of purchasing extra add-on credits to use at any time.
20 add-on credits cost £5
50 add-on credits cost £10
100 add-on credits cost £18
200 add-on credits cost £32
Un-used add-on credits remain in your account until you decide to use them.
 
 
So, here's my choice from this month's edit.
Just a quick bit of advice - get in quick! The edit becomes available right at the beginning of each month, certain items get snapped-up quickly and the choice of items soon becomes more limited as the days pass! I managed to pick my items from the full range of available items. Had it been any later then I probably wouldn't have been so pleased with this months edit.
 
The Love me Beauty subscription always comes in a nice quality canvas make-up bag. I'm not a fan of this month's design as I don't like slogans - this one reads 'Just wing it - life eyeliner everything'.
There's also not as much as a fanfare when you receive it through the post - it's just the make-up bag containing your items in a padded envelope. So you don't get the drawn-out anticipation and excitement like you do with some of the box subscriptions. This is more of a unpeeling-the-flap-on-the-envelope rather than an un-boxing experience.
 
 
* Merumaya - Melting cleansing balm
25ml - 20 credits
I'm currently on a quest to find my holy grail first-cleanse item, be that a balm, an oil or a cream cleanser. I'm working my way through a couple of balms at the moment and so this will get added into the rota soon (not tried it yet).
 
 
* Aromatherapy Associates - Hydrating Rose Skin Tonic
30ml - 10 credits
I haven't tried this yet either, but it's a brand I'm aware of (but as yet haven't tried any of their products) and it's Rose - which I adore. I also currently use a rose tonic every morning as the first step in my routine so it won't be too long before this gets let loose in the daily routine.
 
 
* Nuxe - Gentle exfoliating gel with rose petals
15ml - 10 credits
 
Now I absolutely love Nuxe, but it's a brand that seems to constantly feature in pretty much every subscription box that I've had so far, a bit of brand variation would greatly be appreciated!
I used this for the first time yesterday when I got back from the gym (I currently exfoliate no more than twice a week as I use an exfoliating toner daily).
It's a lovely light rose pink gel with teeny tiny grains in it (not sure what the grains are but the ingredients do show walnut shell powder).
The smell is absolutely delicious - as I've already said, I love anything with a rose scent. I also like that it is a gentle exfoliator - it leaves skin feeling soft rather than raw and my face wasn't red before I put my make up on. So, after the first use I am really loving this exfoliator.
 
 
* Manna Kadar - Glo Shimmer Lotion
8ml - 20 credits
 
The featured brand for this month's edit was Manna Kadar Beauty. This brand seems to have been featured in a couple of the recent subscription beauty boxes.
I chose the Glo lotion as I'm fairly fascinated with achieving a natural glowy look but I prefer something quite subtle, and although I've been intrigued and tempted by all the latest holographic/unicorn/mermaid strobe highlighters, it's something that I, personally, really do feel I should stay away from at my age.
So this seemed like a perfect option for me and really starts getting me thinking and excited about summery glowing skin.
I've used this for several days in a row now, but as of yet, I'm not really sure I've got a handle on it! I initially swiped some across the top of my cheekbones towards the temples with my fingers, but that was actually a bit too subtle. Then I started to add it to my foundation and blend it all over my face - again, it didn't make a vast amount of difference and I still had to reach for my high-lighter as well. I think I'll persist until the tube runs out (which probably won't be too long). But as yet, nothing about it makes me want to re-purchase a full size at the moment.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review