Mini Haul and Items Received Through The Mail

From L-R: DHC samples, Rejuvenates Rosehip Seed Oil, Elizavecca sheet mask, TonyMoly lip scrub, Nature Love Vitamin C sheet masks, free samples, The Body Shop all-in-one BB Cream.


Friday is pretty much my favourite day of the week because it's the day that my husband and I get to spend the day together not working. Youngest son has lessons in the city all day and as it's too far to drive him in and go back home we just spend the day together shopping, hanging out and finding somewhere nice to eat - kind of like a date day. But then P2 (husband) likes to go for a beer and I like to go off and look at the shops on my own!

First stop is always T.K Maxx as you will pretty much always find some discounted K-beauty there. But, I must remember, NEVER think "I'll go back and see that thing I saw last week" as it's never still on the shelves when you go back! I never learn! The particular item that caught my eye last week was a charcoal-infused foundation brush (you know, those nice big ones?) but of course, it had probably long gone.
I did pick up a pack of five Vitamin-C masks by Nature Love (a Korean brand I've not heard of before) - these were on the clearance shelf for just £3.00. I also picked up an Elizavecca Aqua Deep Power Ringer Mask Pack for £1.99. I did have my eye on some Dr Jart sheet masks, but they were £4.99 each and so I went for quantity over quality!!

The rest of my time I intended to just browse and maybe do a bit of swatching. And I pretty much made it through the day to (the over-spend guilt had gotten to me after realising just how much I had spent this month on skincare and beauty).
BUT, the last place I decided to do some sniffin' and swatchin' was The Body Shop. I honestly was just killing time in there, but then I saw that they had a new-to-me range called 'Honey Bronze'. 
It's been so bloody cold here recently and the Honey Bronze goodies just made me feel all warm just looking at them and thinking about the days when the natural tan and glow will kick in from being outside and at the beach and....
The first item I picked up was the Honey Bronze 'Drops of Sun' (£12.00 - 15ml)- a little bottle with a pipette of a dark brown serum which you drop into your foundation or moisturiser to give you a natural, slightly tanned glow. I NEVER use fake tan, but something like this, so cleverly disguised as a little nature booster is something I could convince myself wasn't fake tan.
AND THEN, my eyes went to an adorable little pot (kind of shaped like a beehive - that in itself is enough to make me all grabby) of Honey Bronze Shimmering Lip Balm (£6.00 - 6ml) and there was a tester and it was lovely and shimmery and, and, and...
BUT THEN, I actually stopped myself and put them both back down until it gets a bit warmer (and then you bet I will be back). And it was nearly time to meet up with my husband so I was about to leave, but then I saw the All-in-One BB Cream (£12.00 - 25ml) and it mentioned something about 'colour adapting' and before I knew it I was at the till with shade 02 in my hand! GAH!

Back at home there were a couple of parcels waiting for me - and I always get uber-excited when I see a package from Korea!
The Korean package was the TonyMoly 'Kiss Kiss lip scrub' which I bought on eBay from one of my favourite, cheap and reliable Korean sellers f2plus1 . They always throw in a couple of samples - this time some TonyMoly banana hand cream (which I already own a full size of) and some TonyMoly 'The Black Tea London classic eye cream'.
Also from ebay from the seller Rejuvenoils was a 10ml sample of Rosehip Seed Oil, which I've been wanting to introduce into my skincare routine for a while.
And finally, also from ebay was a four sample pack of items from DHC, mainly because I wanted to try some of their 'Deep Cleansing Oil' as the first cleanser in my double-cleanse routine.

So most of this is yet to be tried, although I did already try The Body Shop BB Cream (hmmm - thoughts on that soon).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review